Interested in joining our team? Got what it takes? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Cornerstone Web Studio is a web design agency powered by strong coffee & the most talented people on earth. (Oh, we forget humble ). We all share a passion for being creative, staring at computer screens all day, and most of all, for helping small businesses grow. There’s never a dull day at Cornerstone because we work with hundreds of different types of small businesses from across the country, and each one has different growth goals for us to help them achieve!
We are looking for a full-time WordPress Developer to join our close-knit team and hit the ground running. In this role, you will be meeting with clients to help determine how to design their website to attract and convert new customers.
This is not an entry-level position and you must have an eye for modern website design, as well as a solid development background in WordPress, CSS, HTML, and PHP.
We need a developer with a proven track record of producing designs & integrating content using the best SEO practices to drive traffic and increase conversions. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to increase website conversions. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to producing extremely high-quality creative designs for a very wide variety of small businesses.
We need someone who…
- has a strong work ethic
- doesn’t know whether they are a better designer or developer
- can actively listen, take great notes, and communicate efficiently on conference calls & over email.
- will take ownership of producing a great product for the client.
- can translate client strategy conversations into design layouts that convert.
- enjoys working directly with a wide variety of small business clients.
- is a team player, who can make independent creative decisions while positively receiving team feedback.
- doesn’t yet their ego get in the way of thriving in a highly collaborative team environment.
- is willing to contribute ideas and opinions with respect.
- is fun for clients to work with and strategically intelligent in your design / development recommendations
- has the ability to troubleshoot development issues
- smells good, is fun to be around, and loves pizza Fridays as much as we do
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in conference calls with clients
- Designing layout mock-ups for both desktop/mobile
- Walking clients through your initial designs & conversion strategy
- Integrate client feedback into the design
- Coordinate with the team for content, imagery, video, etc…
- Develop your designs in WordPress
- Detailed quality assurance process to produce the highest quality website
- WordPress customizations, updates, and changes to existing client sites
Requirements and Qualifications
- WordPress Development, experience with responsive design
- HTML / CSS / PHP
- Knowledge of SEO
- Understanding of Adobe CC (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Experience working with vector graphics
- Fluency in UX/UI best practices
- Understanding of Figma Interface Design Tool
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Graphic Design Skills, including print projects
- Apache and NGINX configurations
- Plesk configurations
- DNS / Server experience
- Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Retirement Plan w/ Employer Contributions
- Extensive Paid & Unpaid Time Off
- Flexible Schedule
- Company Culture Focused on Job Joy!